SaltCritters.com

Racerfreak's ADA 30C Nano Build

racerfreak

I got my sump and overflow for the tank :happy:

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

...there was no teeth/ combing of the baffle between the fuge and the return :angry: but I can always DIY some light crate so no worries B)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided not to drill my tank, selling my sump for $100 + shipping. I don't have the time for the sump or the money for a skimmer and ect at the moment. Please PM only if you are interested in the sump, or message me on my 4sale thread. I am looking forward to getting the tank going in a better direction.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
racerfreak

Well I've made a lot of progress so far, cleaned out the tank. I ended up with half a milk glass worth of algae and the water was brownish green :rolleyes: All my fault but, I cleaned the crap out of the tank, added some sand, a canister filter, and my mp10. Also bought a Par38 12k Evil bulb, I just have to go to home depot and make a fixture from a AC E27 Photography Umbrella Lamp and some electrical conduit. Also grabbed some cleanup crew and rock from reefcleaners.org. I wasn't too happy with the 4 pieces giant rock, but when life gives you lemons you gotta make lemonade (for reference, make sure you specify you want nano pieces). If you guys want pics you'll have to wait till Sunday :P

What kind of blenny is that in there?

Are you still rocking 3 fish? Are you just doing frequent water changes for filtration? I feel like I'm missing something, haha.

racerfreak
What kind of blenny is that in there?

Are you still rocking 3 fish? Are you just doing frequent water changes for filtration? I feel like I'm missing something, haha.

The blenny is a blue & gold or whatever you want to call the species. Unfortunately he passed in the moving due to stress, poor guy. I remember he would eat all the algae he could till he was so fat he could barely move.

Now it's down to 2 fish, I could keep the blenny because he mostly perched. The key to keeping a good reef is frequent water changes and checking up on everything. For filtration I am running just floss but, will add purigen and sea gel or maybe just go with a simple carbon pad for the ecco canister filter.

NO time to upload pictures yet :rolleyes:

I think my tank is leaking omgomgomg ...but, very slowly though. I think it may be from when I cleaned it with a razor blade, didn't think the tank would be that sensitive. I'm debating between getting another 30C ADA tank or going with a GLA w/ stand.

What bulb is it EXACTLY? It would be perfect for my planted tank setup. Amazing tank!

If you are talking about my original bulb it is just s 6500k led spot light bulb. You can get them anywhere but, make sure you get one with a lens over the LEDs.

So I'm building a DIY wall fixture for the par38 bulb, I decided to get a second par bulb but can't decide between a 20K 3 royal blue and 2 cool white or a 455nm all royal blue bulb. I'm worried the blue bulb will be too much blue. Opinions? :unsure:

Here are pictures from my tank cleaning endeavor:

Start with this

5829592870_103eb8c728_m.jpg

& this

5829592174_693fecb426_m.jpg

which becomes this

5829592656_65a4c9d5b7_m.jpg

& this, drink up ;)

5829043493_6e9157a376_m.jpg

5829592496_38fd12502c_z.jpg

and the final product is this

5829044259_1c65201ebb.jpg

NEW FTS shots next week :lol:

Unfortunately I'm selling everything :tears: I've been sick and Drs can't figure out anything really. I need the cash because I've been out of work. I'm hoping I can just pickup a small tank and keep my clowns, that I really enjoy.

Unfortunately I'm selling everything :tears: I've been sick and Drs can't figure out anything really. I need the cash because I've been out of work. I'm hoping I can just pickup a small tank and keep my clowns, that I really enjoy.

:(

Hope you find out what's wrong, and you're able to get better!

Thank you, I do too. The ironic thing is that I turned down short term disability, that would have solved this money problem, that would have kicked in this month. I figured since I'm 23 I wasn't going to get sick any time soon, I guess lesson learned.

Thank you, I do too. The ironic thing is that I turned down short term disability, that would have solved this money problem, that would have kicked in this month. I figured since I'm 23 I wasn't going to get sick any time soon, I guess lesson learned.

hope you feel better

racerfreak

Looks like I'm going to be keeping the tank, YAY! I am turning it into a planted tank though, will just be easier that way.

Archived