Top Shelf Aquatics

2 Year Old Alife 7 Nano-cube

rickjg

ALIFE 7 gallon tank, setup in February 2002

Two 28 watt lights running on Work Horse II & original ballast, both remotely mounted in the stand, with the cooling fan removed for lack of room. Temps are fine without the fan since the ballasts have been removed.

The back of the tank has a 50 watt heater, and Rio 90 pump (original filter removed before set-up)

6 to 8 pounds of LR. I was trying for the largest amount of diversity possible, so a couple of pieces are purple encrusted from Fiji, a piece of green encrusted from the Marshal Islands, and a couple pieces are pink encrusted from the Caribbean.

3" to 4" deep live sand bed w/ small plenum area at bottom, lots of worms, etc

1 - Coral Banded Shrimp

1 - Pink Skunk Clown

3 - Blue Legged Hermit Crabs

2 - small turbo snails

1 - Euphyllia hammer coral

1 - Turbinaria sp.

A couple of types of orange Zoos

Many - encrusting Red Sea pulsating Xenias

Most importantly, I do a lot of small water changes, four cups or so every other day with Scripps Pier (natural) water. I keep a five gallon jug under my desk for easy changes.

I always use filtered water for freshwater make-up.

Rick

As always looking good Rick. I just took some new shots of my Alife last night that I need to post. I've thought about either going your route with 2x28 PC or putting a 70W Ushio MH setup over it.

I was in Tri City Tropical last week & they still have one of the ALIFE tanks left for sale. I almost bought it just for the parts. My hood is getting prety beat from playing with the lights.

Will,

You ALIFE is Looking Good.

It’s growing your softies just as well as mine grows xenia.

I took the liberty of posting your picture; I hope that’s OK with you.

Rick

No worries. Thanks for posting them. I'll have threads up this weekend.

Did you ever see my Xenia Jungle 10G? That tank grew Xenia like no other. :) My 42G Hex (thread coming) has taken over with 9" stalks of Xenia. :)

Archived