ReefCleaners.org

peytonk

104hgqq.jpg

So, I've had this hollywood stunner for quite some time... and it survived, but now its REALLY starting to look awesome. You can't really see in the picture, but IRL its got some intense purple coming in around the edges and working towards the center, and the surface seems to be turning minty green. I'm pretty stoked on it. Hopefully the rest of my tank catches on ;)

• 1 month later...

Quick Update -

The tank is on LOCK lately, I'm super stoked. I've been trying to keep up with the water changes and really...the most important part...is keeping my equipment CLEAN. After I use a top-off or w/c bucket, I clean it with HOT water and vinegar for like 5 minutes. Now I'm getting 00ppm TDS readings every time. This is working great for me. I've also been making sure my water-change water is the same temperature. Before I was very lax about using heaters for water changes. But now I'm doing it every time and I"m definitely seeing improvements.

Coral Growth: Hollywood stunner and Meteor Shower are both showing GREAT improvement. Some of my acans that previously had 2 heads now have 5!!! Super stoked on that, and the color is getting much better.

COMING SOON!!!!

I've been thinking about adding an AC 110 FUGE MOD. I used to run an AC50 (I think) on a 10 gallon and had great results. I think its time for some rubble and chaeto? What do you guys think???

and the plan is to keep the canister for Chemi-pure elite, and maybe I'll start running Purigen as well?

Let me know what you guys think about that as well, any input is appreciated!

Purigen is sweet! I haven't cleaned my glass in like a month and there is even coralline starting to grow.

It took care of all of my algae problems and the corals have no complaints!

By the way we need an updated fts. :D

Purigen is sweet! I haven't cleaned my glass in like a month and there is even coralline starting to grow.

It took care of all of my algae problems and the corals have no complaints!

By the way we need an updated fts. :D

There is an updated FTS :) pg 1

It's actinic only so I'll try to get a good full-range shot today

I like yer stuff! B)

Thanks! :)

So my Tek 24x4 fixture w/ ATI bulbs sits at about 18"+ above the tank... maybe higher.

This seems really high, but my corals seem to be getting too much light (bleaching, slow growth, shriveling, polyp diameter decrease, etc.) So I'm going to keep the lighting at its current height, but I'm going to implement a lid made of light diffuser and mesh screen to decrease the amount of light the corals receive. I really think my tank will respond well.

I'm also thinking about adding an Aquaclear filter or possibly a DIY HOB FUGE with some chaeto. I used to have a media basket with chaeto and I had really awesome results....tons of pods and water quality seemed great. I overtrimmed once and lost all of it, so I really need to get more....but I want to do the fuge the right way this time. If you guys have any suggestions just post it, I'm all ears!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

It's been a long time, so here's a bit of an update:

I neglected my tank really bad for many months but decided to get it together.

I've cleaned everything up and streamlined my setup a little. I'm doing 5 gal/week water changes with Red Sea Coral Pro salt but will probably be switching when this bucket is done.

My light seems to be a little intense for my corals so instead of running 4 bulbs I'm going to be running 2 for a while to see how things react. I ordered an ATI Blue + and an ATI Coral + to replace the 12+ month old bulbs that are in the fixture now. I also ordered Red Sea Calc/Mag/Alk test and a new 100w heater because mine fluctuates too much.

I feed Cyclopeez about every other day, give pellets to my clowns, and occasionally feed brine shrimp to a few LPS I keep.

I've been staying on top of things for a few weeks and have seen some really great improvement... stay tuned

p.s. new FTS pg 1

Archived