Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

12 gallon cube = problems

Puffy

ok i got the JBJ Nano cube, and the whole think is completely covered, how the freak do i add my small little air drivin skimmer and a heater! WTF? There is no open space! OMG lol

I put my heater in the back 3rd compartment from the left. I don't use a skimmer...I don't think you need one.

I think the cube is great...just get a microjet 606 submersible water pump and you're set.

I did the same, removed all media and added the heater in the third compartment, aswell as the 606 for the sump and a 404 in the tank. I think with weekly waterchanges the need for a skimmer can be avoided. But never the less try a search for skimming and JBJs mebe someone has posted a set up.

Hey Slick... where in SoCal you located? Im in Costa Mesa.

My advice to you is to make sure that you keep the back area completely free of rock and sand. That back area is a ditritus haven. You will need to suck out the area clean once a month or else you will never stop having algae problems.

acoustic- no live rock in the back? everyone else is doing it! I'm playing follow the leader. Are you my new leader? j/k. I got one and a half compartments full of it. should I take it all out?

Interesting take Acoustic. I run LR back there and my water is crystal clear. I've never had any algae at all. Went through a 3 day diatom bloom on the sand, but that's normal. No skimmer, weekly water changes of 2+ gallons.

i'm going to be doing like 2.5 gallon water changes each week, so it should be good, i looked and there is an little opening in the back for the cords to come out of, so thats kool thanx all

Archived