Pod Your Reef

12g eclipse

baldwinb

can anyone with a 12g eclipse give me their tank specs?? this is so i can get an idea of what is out there as well as prefferred setups.  thanks

Joxer the Mighty

I just posted some pics of my 12 gal Eclipse. Specs are there. For what it's worth, if I were to do it over again I wouldn't get an Eclipse. I ended up getting rid of the biowheel and replacing the standard Eclipse light. Even the newer Eclipse hoods with two lights are not bright enough.

The thing is I already have an established eclipse 12 with single 15 watt bulb and want to possibly upgrade the hood as inexpensively as possible for a few corals needing only low to moderate lighting

The 32 watt PC light retrofit on this website is a good light upgrade.   I have it on my elcipse, and it just bolts right on.  I also have a minijet 404 (or 606?)  I dont know, its the one with yellow words on it.  Other than that, all you need is a good heater.

Joxer the Mighty

Yeah, the SmartLite retro for sale on this site is what I put in the Eclipse hood (got mine from FFE though). It was very easy to install and everything in my tank is much happier now.  :)

Put in the 32 w smartlite BUT KEEP THE EXISTING FIXTURE IN PLACE!!! Simply replace the bulb (and only the bulb) with something reef friendly.  Chuck the filter and throw in a couple of powerheads. Voila! Success with soft corals.

Nishant3789

what id do personally is get a 10000K smartlight an get a true 03 actinic- they looks much better than the fake ones on the smartlights...

nishant

I don't believe they make 32w 10000k and 03 actinics for the csl kits. I know they have them for the 36w but those are too long for the eclispe system 12 hood.

Right now I have 2 32w csl retro fit kits working beautifully along side the existing filter system running only for circualtion and occasional carbon to clear up the water. I am more then happy with them.

Just wondering how the rest of you attached your lights to the eclipse system 12 hood.

I'll try to post up some pics soon.

Archived