Pod Your Reef

Sweden sux

Yaman

Ello...

Im from sweden and over here we dont have those nice Pc lamps 8(

I started a Nanocube 3weeks ago and the light is real sucky in the cubes over here (11w6500k) Urk

Added 2 hagen powerglo 14w18000k and removed the 11w for a 11w actinic...

Shoud work whit soft coralls right?

Yaman, you are close to some of the best metal halide mfg companies that exist. Aqualine Buschke, Tunze, Ushio (there aquarium light division is in germany I believe...and Iwasaki as well. I would be rigging up a Tunze 15,000K 70wattDE halide over that bugger and let the good times roll...

yaman: Knowing the nano-lighting-front in europe, I can suggest two things: Check out ebay for 70W hqi metal halide lamps. I got a nice pendant, brandnew with warranty for 40 euros plus a brandnew BLV (BLV makes the ushio halide bulbs) 10.000K bulb for 30 euros... you can decide to go 13.000K or 20.000K if you like more blue...

If you are DIY inclined and can do some handy-work, do a search for diy 70W halide. It's a painless job, the halogen lights are available at every hardware store for around 5-10 euros and the ballasts on ebay (my buddy got one for 1 euro plus shipping...).

hope that helps...

oh and screw the metal bands (no offense buddha ;) ), I wanna drive and GET-AWAY IN STOCKHOLM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived