Cultivated Reef

Are my clownfish eggs dead?

dylan1464

ok this is the second time that my photon clowns have laid eggs and this time i moved the tile that the clown laid the eggs on to a seperate tank with 20 gallons of water from my display. The eggs are in a 20G long tank with airstones and and heater thats always at 78 degrees. Today i looked at the eggs and some of the eggs looks like they "might" be dead. Im not a expert so i dont know how to tell. Can someone confirm to see if their dead or still alive?

The section that concerns me is in the middle where the eggs look lighter in color then the rest.

7cbf458a.jpg

425e8e17.jpg

5d55df8c.jpg

Are they 2-3 days old? If so, they look fine to me but I'm still learning too. The eggs in the middle look like they might be developing a bit faster.

Do you have an air stone positioned to create flow over the eggs? Have you considered letting your male tend the nest?

Congrats on the egg laying Photons!

ok this is the second time that my photon clowns have laid eggs and this time i moved the tile that the clown laid the eggs on to a seperate tank with 20 gallons of water from my display. The eggs are in a 20G long tank with airstones and and heater thats always at 78 degrees. Today i looked at the eggs and some of the eggs looks like they "might" be dead. Im not a expert so i dont know how to tell. Can someone confirm to see if their dead or still alive?

The section that concerns me is in the middle where the eggs look lighter in color then the rest.

7cbf458a.jpg

425e8e17.jpg

5d55df8c.jpg

They look like the are dieing in the middle. Outside ones look okay still.

What day did you pull the eggs? Might be too early

They look like the are dieing in the middle. Outside ones look okay still.

What day did you pull the eggs? Might be too early

update all of the eggs tonight died. thanks for confirming that for me. it was maybe about a week after they since they laid the eggs when i removed it. i want to try to see if i can raise them so the next time when they lay eggs should i take the eggs out with the male and let him take care of the eggs? or should i move the main and female to a completely seperate system with water from my display?

Archived