Cultivated Reef

Anyone used Magic-Klean by Hydor?

streetsong

I saw an advertisement for this new product stating that it easily removes calcium and lime deposists from pumps, skimmers, and any other equipment that is used in an aquarium. I just picked up a box today but haven't tried it yet. Does anyone have reviews or opinions on this?

I got a sample from hydor at MACNA. Used it a few weeks later on my algae and coralline caked vortech.

Ate it all away, looked brand spanking new. I was pleased, hoping to sell it soon

I received a sample from LFS and it definitely works better than vinegar could ever hope to. It's a little pricey, but finished cleaning a couple parts I had that vinegar wouldn't get to.

Yep- It says on the package not to get any in your aquarium. I am soaking some really crusty circulation pumps, a mag float and a skimmer cup. I'll let you know what happens!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to using this product. Following the directions, I used 1 packet of powder (I paid $15 for a box of 3 packets) mixed with 1/2 gallon of water. I mixed the solution and put in a few pumps and some magnet cleaners. The directions recommend soaking for 2 hours and at that point about 75% of any deposits and gunk had come off. However, one really crusty pump required an additional 2 hours soaking time. With the help of a toothbrush, this pump looked like new.

Magi-Klean works as described on the package- IMO its a great product!

Anyone else tried it yet?

Archived