Top Shelf Aquatics

should i be putting prime in my rodi water?

budddman

it is a good idea to throw the bottle of prime away. Or better; throw it at the person who sold it to you.

prime has no place in saltwater aquaria, let alone a reef tank

it is a good idea to throw the bottle of prime away. Or better; throw it at the person who sold it to you.

prime has no place in saltwater aquaria, let alone a reef tank

ha ha no i was a freshwater junky so i had it laying around....takin my dive into reefin with a 24 nano

prime has its uses.....maybe if i had a fish only tank id consider using it for its ammonia neutralizing purposes, but EVERY TIME ive put some in a reef tank, something gets very mad.

i use it religiously in my FW tanks though

Unless you're responding to a crisis what's the point of prime?

Microbe-lift Special Blend only takes a little longer and is more of a fix than the band-aid that prime is.

*edit*

I didn't mean to criticize the OP, I just don't get prime and products like it.

An once of microbe-lift special blend is worth 10,000 gallons of prime.

Unless you're responding to a crisis what's the point of prime?

Microbe-lift Special Blend only takes a little longer and is more of a fix than the band-aid that prime is.

*edit*

I didn't mean to criticize the OP, I just don't get prime and products like it.

An once of microbe-lift special blend is worth 10,000 gallons of prime.

...am I dense or is anyone else confused?

...am I dense or is anyone else confused?

..ive saved a plant from cat piss once dosing it with prime..... i dont know what hes trying to get at

What, prime binds up ammonia making everything healthy and happy for fish. This doesn't fix whatever problem led to high ammonia. You'll get stuck in a loop adding prime forever, unless of course it was a one time crisis such as a fish death.

Products like special blend, cycle, microbacter, etc. break down the ammonia and establish benificial bacteria in a tank.

I hate talking to people all day long about how they added prime and don't understand why everything is not right in the world now.

Again not trying to criticize the op just a personal problem of my own I guess.

*edit*

Alright apparently this is just me...

Prime's Awesome

Chloramines will not get past a properly functioning RO/DI if it has a good low micron carbon block for the chlorine portion and a good full size vertical DI with fresh resin.

Archived