Pod Your Reef

Anyone have experience with Jebo Hoods?

theclearblue

They say if it looks too good to be true it must...

JEBO 24" 110W (55wx2) Power Compact Lighting

(1)_10000K Super daylight_& (1)_Actinic_blue_straight pins 55W PC

$49.99

My tank is only 20" long and the fixture itself is 24" but I figure I can place it on top and pretend it doesn't overhang.

Anyone heard anything about it?

Well, I'm officially a moron. I searched for Jebo in the forum and nothing came up. Then I went back and looked. I spelled it wrong...

I think I'm gonna buy it.

For those researching looking to buy these in the future I did some looking around reefcentral (which I should have done in the first place). Here's what I've found:

Cons:

- 2 Switches to turn on the light, but only ONE powercord

- Acitinic looks "green" (although someone suggested that those saying this hadn't removed the plastic film on the acrylic splash guard)

- Poor quality reflector

- Some quality control issues

- Not ULA approved (not safe???)

- Poor Wiring

Pros:

- CHEAP

- Even after replacing the acitinic bulb it could possibly save you money

- Basically the same quality as Coralife in terms of solidity, etc.

Conclusion: I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

a buddy of mine just bought one of the jebo lighting strips, the 48" model, to take apart and mount the 4 bulbs into the hood of his 20 long. he brought up to the store and we were looking at it and besides the ghetto wiring its actually a nice fixture. it looks good on the outside, the reflector ain't that bad and its cheap as hell. replace with actinics because they come with blue bulbs, not actinics, which look horrible IMO. they have no fans in them but i'm sure if you wanted to you could add them.. and the endcaps are not waterproof so make sure you keep the splash guard on it at all times. other than that its a good buy. remeber, its not ghetto, its JEBO.

brandon

Archived