Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Frag Rack Height

Bluntokian

Hey everybody im starting a 55 gallon frag tank (standard size) I was wondering about the height I should put my racks at. Planning on doing a little bit of everything. Acans, SPS, LPS, Zoas, Palys etc. I was thinking 3 at 1'3" 10" and 5" or 2 at 1'3" and 10". Thoughts?

Cultivated Reef
Hey everybody im starting a 55 gallon frag tank (standard size) I was wondering about the height I should put my racks at. Planning on doing a little bit of everything. Acans, SPS, LPS, Zoas, Palys etc. I was thinking 3 at 1'3" 10" and 5" or 2 at 1'3" and 10". Thoughts?

A lot of this depends on the light that is going over the tank but basically give yourself some options. Set up a section for high light, medium light, and possibly low light. build it so you can modify or change levels as you see fit. I like to stick a power head on the bottom below all the racks to keep the detritis in suspension.

Best,

Cultivated Reef

A lot of this depends on the light that is going over the tank but basically give yourself some options. Set up a section for high light, medium light, and possibly low light. build it so you can modify or change levels as you see fit. I like to stick a power head on the bottom below all the racks to keep the detritis in suspension.

Best,

Cultivated Reef

Ty for that. Il definitely remember that one.

Archived