SaltCritters.com

Nanocat's Nanocube #2

nanocat

Very pretty. Right now I'm still looking at rock, sand and salt water! What kind of LR did you use in there? I love the piece in the upper rt corner. :)

Mostly figi and some small tonga branch. It's a conglomeration of rubble from Jeff's exotic and some LR I buy when someone is tearing down a tank. We're sort of at an advantage in SoCal since there are so many places to buy LR that we can pick through the tanks.

Just stock lighting. I take out all the bio media until the rear is bare. I put the heater in the first compartment next to the pump, and fill the other two compartments with smaller pieces of live rock. After the cubes about 6 weeks old, I add a small bag of Purigen and use black diamond carbon occasionally (after mounting frags).

The powehead in this tank is the Zoomed Powersweep. I read from everyone how they had a great idea, but crapped out on a regular basis. Since then I was at a reefers house who was using powersweeps on his tank that were so coraline encrusted, it's a wonder they swept at all. He said he doesn't even bother to clean them more than once every 3 months or so. His were working well. They're cheap, so I went ahead and picked up one for this cube, and one in my 10g. SPS/clam tank. We'll see how they hold up. The other cube has a rio90 which I really like, quiet, cheap, small.

Archived