Cultivated Reef

My Frag World

Jahkaya

jah,

your corals are a bit bleached. your coralline's also bleached white. your LR's bleached white too. hell, your water's bleached.

looks more like palaegic's world. :P

zassr, sorry to inform you mate, but they're pulling your leg. some of these guys can be quite comedic, even at the expense on an innocent south african. speaking of south africa, i had a friend who was from durban. he used to tell me all about how s/a had some of the best reefin' in the world. and i'm not talking about the marine kind either...???... he was a crazy surfer who provided me with years of entertainment along with his friendship. anyways, stop messing with your computer trying to view that image because it's not there. happy reefin'.... j...

Specs:

18H 12x20x18H

175w 10 XM MH and a 36w Actinic 03 in a DIY Hood with 2x3" fans.

Aquaclear 300(no filter) with 200 w tronic heater and Penguin mini on back (no bio-wheel of course).

Prism Skimmer, 25 lbs of LR, 3-4 inch Southdown/aragonite mix

1x1140 peguin PH (270-290 GPH I think) 1xAqua/hagen 402 (270 GPH) powerhead. I still want more flow.

Dose Bionic and topoff daily. Use Coral plankton coral food (zoo and phyto combo) and sometimes GP's.

No fish, just a peppermint for apt. control.

Rics; Croceas;

M.Digitata, A. Tenuis, A.Micropthalamus, A. yongei, A. millepora, M. Capricornius, Pollicipora, Hydnophora, Pavona, stylophora, Seritapora (birsnest) 5 Unidentified Acros and some Plating/encrusting Monipora, purple with green polyps.

Thanks Mattie. It is still young and has a very "placed" look to it. I also need to take the time to unmount the frags from the disks. What more can I ask for in about 4-5 months? To rid myself of red flatworms. A sixline or a frozen food eating mandarin is on its way.

nice frags and clams, really like the shape of the monti cap on the right. do you use carbon in the penguin mini? how much bionic are you having to dose daily for that many sps and what are you keeping your Ca at?

zassr, sorry to inform you mate, but they're pulling your leg. some of these guys can be quite comedic, even at the expense on an innocent south african. speaking of south africa, i had a friend who was from durban. he used to tell me all about how s/a had some of the best reefin' in the world. and i'm not talking about the marine kind either...... he was a crazy surfer who provided me with years of entertainment along with his friendship. anyways, stop messing with your computer trying to view that image because it's not there. happy reefin'.... j...

No Prob guys! Yep you're right jaguilar .. SA has some nice surf spots! and one of the best around is about an hour - hour and a half's drive from me. I surf myself, but no so often as I use to anymore. btw the surf spot is called Elands Bay. And then we have Jeffreys Bay which is IMO one of the best spots in the world!Gilman still wants to go there too! :D

Take care!

thisanthrope:

The Peguin Mini is used just for Carbon 24x7. I dose 20-30 ML of each part B- Ionic Daily depending on the need. I test weekly for CA/ALK.

nanocat : The Aquaclear is used for added flow and a Sump. My heater and a Penguin Mini are housed in there. the Mini hangs on back.

Jah, your world is pretty fragged.

It's gonna be pretty "intense" (intense=Von's word of the month) once everything grows in.

Sweet tank.

Archived