Top Shelf Aquatics

Mosfet to convert 5v to 10v on the Meanwell ELN-P?

Im2Nelson4u

I have 3 Meanwell ELN-60-48P drivers that I want to dim but am having trouble making a working circuit.

I tried to make Evilc66 dimming circuit in the Meanwell thread but can't seem to make it work. I checked the voltage output on Pin 4 and pin 8 of the 555 timer along with the output from the LM317 transistor and they were all same at 9.91V which seem correct.

Anyways I'm giving up on make the circuit and decided to use an arduino i have laying around but im not toally sure how to convert 5v PWN from the arduino to 10v.

Based on some threads I read over at ultimatereef I decided to try to use a ICL7667 Mosfet but not sure if this is the correct way to wire everything up.

Is this correct?

ArduinoDimming.jpg

That's one way to do it, but keep in mind that because this MOSFET has an inverted output (output is low when input is high), the driver will go full tilt if the Arduino, or it's output fails. might not be the best way to handle a failure.

Also, you don't want to feed the Meanwell 12v on the input. 10.6v max. with 10v highly recommended.

That's one way to do it, but keep in mind that because this MOSFET has an inverted output (output is low when input is high), the driver will go full tilt if the Arduino, or it's output fails. might not be the best way to handle a failure.

Also, you don't want to feed the Meanwell 12v on the input. 10.6v max. with 10v highly recommended.

Whoops I meant to power the mosfet after the LM317 so it would feed it 10v instead of 12v

Anyways is this the correct way? Is there way to protect it incase of a failure?

ArduinoDimming2.jpg

That should work as drawn. If you don't want the drivers to go full tilt upon failure, get a non-inverting MOSFET, or add an inverter to the outputs of the MOSFET you have in the drawing. Not the most ideal solution though.

• 11 months later...
That should work as drawn. If you don't want the drivers to go full tilt upon failure, get a non-inverting MOSFET, or add an inverter to the outputs of the MOSFET you have in the drawing. Not the most ideal solution though.

This is an old topic but an issue I’m running into. What would you recommend instead of the 7667 for non-inverting? I am building a similar setup. I will be using an arduino to control buckpucks and I like the simplicity of the dual 7667 to control two buckpucks.

Here is my digram I'm working on(not done yet). I will be using two 7667 (or a non-inverting replacement) to control 4 buckpucks along with my arduino.

BuckPuckPCB.jpg

Archived