ReefCleaners.org

Please suggest a fish for my 10g

DAP

Please help suggest a good fish for my 10g. I only plan on having one fish, so I want it to be a good one.

I don't have a sand bed, so that rules out gobies. No clowns, or frogfish either.

I want something rare, but not so rare I will have to look for 6 months before I find one available. :)

Thanks

Get a twinspot hog fish. They are a type of wrasse that stays under 3 inches in length. They have a great personality, weave in and out of rocks, are reef safe. They use to be over $200 at the LFS a few years back when they were first available for trade now you can get them for as cheap as $40. I had one for close to 8 months before it jumped out the back of my tank. Make sure yours is covered well. A few other really cool fish to look up are cherub angels, and dwarf fuzzy lions.

Todd

If you've ever seen or even looked up a cherub angel you would know that they don't get any bigger than 2 1/2", and that dwarf lions can be purchased very small and have a slow growth rate and don't require lengthy swimming space. I have a 2" dwarf lion in my 12 g right now for over 8 months no problems. Of course there are acceptions to every rule where some 5" dwarf lion on steroids will upset the tank's chemistry but who has one that big.

Todd

Archived