Coral Vue Hydros

OK my L/R is moving!

ydtrack

My tank has only been setup a week and I noticed something wierd in the tank. I saw something moving, but I thought I was seeing things so I left the camcorder setup for the afternoon. I am guessing this is some sort of clam and I am concerned for his well being since the tank has not yet cycled.

Clam Video - Not 56k friendly

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!!

matt the fiddler

you will get tons of those.. i don't notice them anymore - the camo in so well and don't move...

you will have some dieoff.. if you don't have no ammonia- you should be just dandy- i think puotting cleaners/ hardies in once ammonia is gone is good..

matt the fiddler

scrubing i don't think is needed...

that is a filter feeder.. iE he will eventually get food from the liverock farm you have going now... he may die or may not- depending on ho often you do a WC [don't do too many during cycling] i say he has over a 80% chance of living.

auctually go and get a few cheap snails for the tank now... will keep algae down- and help cycle.. get cheap, becuase you might loose a few.. ammonia [from uncured dead coprses on the rock] is more lethal than the Nitrites and nitrates.. assumign they stay normal cycling levels

how big is your tank- and lighting?

Right now I have a 10 gal tank with a 96W Coralife 50/50 over the top. I ordered the Custom Sea Life light as the Coralife seems to be getting VERY hot and raising my tank temps.

I also have a 5 gal tank I am making into a fuge for a future expansion.

Archived