SaltCritters.com

BioCube 29 with Sump and HOB Overflow?

hbfishguy

1. I am not sure about this. That is something that would have to be tested.

2. The sump would need another baffle added in order to run a fuge.

3. I have the newest design (only difference in the inlet/sock area compare my pic to whats on the eshopps site) and the dimensions are the same.

Ok. Thanks!

i drilled my bicoube in the 2nd and 3rd chambers i have the return at the top of 2nd chamber so that the water is full and then the return in the 3rd chamber so that i have a pipe going from the bulkhead strait to the oem return, from the display you cant tell the diffrence

i drilled my bicoube in the 2nd and 3rd chambers i have the return at the top of 2nd chamber so that the water is full and then the return in the 3rd chamber so that i have a pipe going from the bulkhead strait to the oem return, from the display you cant tell the diffrence

Thats what I would do if I went the "drilling" route. Thanks

• 3 months later...

I want to drill mine so bad I can't stand it. I also like drilling it 2.5" from the bottom and just letting it flow into the sump. I don't like the idea of loosing suction and pumping too much water in the display so then it gets on the floor.

You can drill the sides with a diamond tipped bit. The bottom is tempered and it cannot be drilled, so I hear.

You have to keep the area very wet while you drill it. No pun intended.

Archived