inTank Media Baskets

The Smallest Actinic

TheEvilbbug

I just have to ask you guys, WHERE? I'm jammed full of lighting but need more actinic. So i pose this question. 10gallon JEBO, quit laughing. Ok, I've got a pc24W 10000k and a pc27w blue&10kk Should i change out my 50/50 for a real 100% actinic, or should i change out the 10000 for an actinic, or 50/50 or what, I need more blue for astethetics, but i understand that the actinic light spectrums are vital to coral growth. Soooooo.... What to do?? what to do? no room for MH so don't go that way. unless they make on that is like, Really F'n tiny. But the idea here is this, can i bring the actinics up, and the 10kk's down and sustain good coral growth (everything under the sun, except the ones that need a butt load of light for those who will ask) My shrooms are looking bleached, and i would like vibrance. so i beg your knowlage and understanding. Oh board of micro mullusk wranglers, bid me your strength. And i bid you aduuuu.......

I'd check the 70W halides out, do a search here in the forum, there are some people selling the full kit with ballast , reflector and socket (they're not that big...).

as far as the smallest actinics go: the osram 9W pc is pretty much the smallest unless you go the LED route, in which case I'd look into luxeons (do a search for the LED lit minibow 2,5 for pics etc...)

hth

Archived