SaltCritters.com

B-Ionic

Satchmo

I tried to find B-Ionic on Big Al's and can't seem to.  Where can I find this stuff?   I see a few other 2 part Ca/Alk additives, but not B-Ionic, which seems to be a very popular brand.   Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks

Is C-balance a good subs for B-ionic?

I couldnt find B-ionic here in the UK.  

I have seen C-balance, just wondering if its as good as the B-ionic?

Thanks.

I have and do use both, B-Ionic needs the Magnesium suplemet to really work well. Ialso have found the MARC WEIS REEF DNA works excelent with it and also throw in sime polyglutinate Calcium from SEACHEM occasionaly the softies seem to like it.

Lunchbucket

LOL he said marc wiess!!! HA HA

b-ionic is good, c-balance is supposed to work the same.

try www.petsolutions.com  www.premiumaquatics.com

they are usualy cheap

Lunchbucket

• 3 months later...

damn dave, i wish i'd seen this post of yours BEFORE i mail ordered some b-ionic cuz i woulda gotten some of the ESV magnesium supplement too... are there any other magnesium supplements that would work as well in conjuction w/the b-ionic? :o

One thing about B-Ionic that ESPI set me straight on....

You don't HAVE to use both parts! Of course the manufacturer will never tell you this (just a guy tryin' to make a buck).

When I first started using it, my Calcium level was 300 at best. I'd dose 7.5 ml of each part, and that was all I was able to add - because Part 1 (alkalinity) would raise the pH too high. My pH was already at 8.2, but after dosing both parts, pH rose to 8.5 every time. And my Calcium level remained the same, as well as Alk, which was around 6.

Following ESPI's advise, I began dosing only with Part 2 (Calcium) 10 ml every morning, and now my Alk is 4.0 & Calcium is a steady 400. Awesome. Now it's Coralline-city.

Ross

thanks ross (and ESPI) for that tip! my calcium is actually around where it should be (~450), so maybe i need the 1st part myself. which reminds me...i really need to acquire an alk test kit. :blush:

thanks dave! i suspected the b-ionic may be low in mg but wasn't sure. i used to dose kent's mg when i used their two part for a while. this clinches it, i'm going to get some mg supplement.

does anyone know the calcium salt supplement in part two? i suspect it's cacl but i'm not sure. :

Archived