SaltCritters.com

My clowns decided to lay eggs

dylan1464

my Sanjay's black photon clowns have decided to lay eggs right behind their carpet anemone. Im wondering how do i get the eggs out and raise them. what type of system do i need to be able to raise them also what do the baby clowns eat? Sorry about all the question but this is my time and i would like to be able to keep them alive.

e98e7b92.jpg

here is a link for info on what black photon clowns are

http://blog.aquanerd.com/2009/08/dr-sanjay...ton-clowns.html

Your clowns are beautiful. I would like to breed my Black and White False Percula Clownfish when they mature, so I will be following this thread for advice for when I finally breed them.

Your clowns are beautiful. I would like to breed my Black and White False Percula Clownfish when they mature, so I will be following this thread for advice for when I finally breed them.

read pickles and my threads for alot of info. might wanna get joyce wilkersons book. rottifers are the first food. go to reed mariculture to get the roti and green water.

read pickles and my threads for alot of info. might wanna get joyce wilkersons book. rottifers are the first food. go to reed mariculture to get the roti and green water.

Thanks for your quick response. It is going to be a while until I breed them, but I still want to research it and plan the whole thing out. If you wouldn't mind looking at my thread and posting some comments on it that would be awesome!!

By the way. Are your Black and White False Perculas Misbarred or normal? My store had both, but I chose the complete stripes because they look so cool.

• 1 month later...

There is a lot to know....

like rrgc suggested he and I have posted a lot of info on breeding here. Check out the threads.

Also... Joyce Wilkersons book is an excellent recomendation.

Lalani is raising her first spawn and is getting a lot of feed back and posting questions and progress in her thread as well. You can find it in the fish section pretty easily.

Another great resource is the MOFIB web site

• 2 weeks later...
There is a lot to know....

like rrgc suggested he and I have posted a lot of info on breeding here. Check out the threads.

Also... Joyce Wilkersons book is an excellent recomendation.

Lalani is raising her first spawn and is getting a lot of feed back and posting questions and progress in her thread as well. You can find it in the fish section pretty easily.

Another great resource is the MOFIB web site

thanks pickle...ive skimmed through yours and lalanis thread and recently i removed the carpet nem they were hosting because it got to about 17" fully opened in my 90 gallon and i didnt want to risk losing anymore fish so i sold the carpet and got a green BTA to replace it. I think removing the nem stressed them out and they hvant laid eggs since. They laid eggs about 4 times before i removed the carpet...now im not sure if they are going to lay eggs again or not. Im setting up a seperate system for them now but things got put on hold because of ive been so busy with work and the family.

Do you think they will lay eggs again or no? only time will tell i guess lol

BabyQuesadilla

In their new tank, raise the temp to about 84, increase your photoperiod, and lower the salinty. This gives them the feeling its summer :naughtydance: .

Archived