Coral Vue Hydros

my 3 month old nano cube

ifynanceu

movingshadow
Originally posted by ninhsavestheday

yeah.. i dont think your clam is gonna do so well under 28 watts.

thats what I'm thinkin too.... had it been a squamosa or derasa...hmmm... but I'll betcha that crocea will not last and be happy, especially in a tank thats not matured... definately check out the regent worklight mod to build a cheap 70W halide, trust me it'll make a huge diffence... jmho though...

hth

i heard about it at a dealer in fountain valley, ca....tong's tropical fish...they have one that they converted with 4 t-5's, but they said don't bother with the conversion due to the fact that the new one was to be coming out (at that time they said in a month, which should be anytime now)...

WorldNation
Originally posted by Reefer_Buddha

i see the mandarin police are out in full force on this thread. Give the guy a break. We give advice on how to take care of fish/corals here but if someone wants to get a mandarin and try then thats their choice. If he can make it work great, maybe he could find a new way to take care of them so they arent such a taboo fish to have. Noone ####es and moans when someone says they have dendro and thats incredibly hard to take care of.  

Anyway, enough venting. Nice tank i like the shrooms and that leather is excellent. If you want ideas on halide go to the diy section and read reefriots thread on diy regent fixtures or krakerg just did a mod on a csl hood with halide, both awesome diy's to look at.

wooooorrrrddddd G Money

i went ahead with 2 28w pc's for now...i used coralife bulbs and put in a 10000k and an 03 and wow, what a difference that made over the very crappy standard bulb! it took very little modifications to the hood and i was able to retain the original reflector and splash guard...i actually had 3 in there at first, but the heat spike was too high. thanks for the info though, i have still been tossing the idea around because i might start trying my hand at making a hood or 2 from scratch. i am going to try using abs plastics first, and if i can't get that right, i will do wood. i have even thought about fiberglass (seeing as how i can work with that stuff pretty good and can mold things in real nice)...

Originally posted by Acoustic

Not Nano

------------------------

1 red phsycodelic mandarin goby (Unless it eats brine)

Sorry, but since you tried to be such a smarty- I have to let you know whether or not mandarin's eat brine does not determine their success in a reef tank. Brine will not provide the nutrition a Mandarin needs to live healthily...period. Neither will it soaked in Selcon or not. They really need pods, and unless there is an abundance of pods, they will not thrive.

Now, does this fact mean I don't think this guy should keep his Mandarin? Nah...Let's just say I won't throw my opinion into the mix, but that's irrelevant.

Sorry for the tangent...just had to set it straight.

wow! i have never seen such a bunch of people who are so intent on trying to bash others! just because your personal experiences have been bad do not mean mine will come out the same..there are many things in this tank that should not be, but are...there are things in the world that happen and are not explainable, but hey, @*!$ happens, and sometimes works...if my mandarin has lasted this long, and all others out there who bash can't get them to do the same, well then maybe something good is going on...then again, who knows what will happen tomorrow...but i can tell you, i am not the only one here doing it and having good results...enjoy!

Archived