Cultivated Reef

Skeeters 29 Biocube Mods Panorama LED, Mediabasket and Tunze

skeeters

I'm not sure about the nanocube but I left my fans going in my 29 gallon. They use to blow hot air with pc's but now blow cold air. Somedays I don't even have evap I swear. When I do it's maybe 1/2 cup.

I got 4 modules and a stunner on my tank. I have no problems keeping anything. So, 12 gallon is close to half so I would do 2 modules. One (8k,blue) and one all blue. You could easily do dusk to dawn like this. To me it would be a great look. If you like more white then do 2 8k/blue and one blue stunner for dusk/dawn. Either way it's less heat, less energy, corals pop and good growth.

Good luck.

thanks! I actually went with the biocube 14, ordered today with stand (which is backordered until the end March). I was thinking I would need three of the modules for this set up. Great to know the tank runs cool, thats primarily what I am after, but also looking to get some shimmer the PCs just don't offer. Where'd you end up getting yours?

I ordered the modules off marinedepot .com The shimmer is awesome with led. I think 3 would be perfect and you could keep what u want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

still can't decide on what to replace my PC lights with... i know i want (1) 50/50 pano but im not sure if i should get another 50/50 pano or get an all blue pano.... hmm

waiting for my blue LED stunner strip coming too...

• 2 months later...
ForsakenDesires

all your pics are gone i would really love to see them due to the fact that i have a bc 29 with those mods and am looking to put in leds ^_^

• 6 months later...

Pics are all gone! I am soo ready to see what my corals look like under these Modules. Doing it Monday with 2 Pros. I agree totally... Buy sweet looking coral and get it home under the PC's and blah is what I see by comparison.

Archived