Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How much does it cost?

Iknownothing

Anyone have an estimate of how much a 7-10 gallon saltwater aquarium would cost after every is purchased? I'm thinking about building one but just wanted to get an estimate.

A did the JBJ nano cube(I am mostly doing a soft coral tank shrooms, polyps, zoos, brain coral, kenya tree and so on with lower light and current demanding corals) I keep all receipts.

The cube: $99

The rock: 15.5 lbs @ $6/lb

Replaced filter media with live rock rubble 2.5 lbs @ $1.50/lb kept the carbon bag

Visitherm 50 watt heater $26 (That is a rip but found out after the fact, can order online for $16 or get underwater for $20)

Instant Ocean 25 gallon mix $14 (but found a place that sells it locally for $10 for 50 gallon mix)

Bought Ro/DI water from store 8 gallons $1/ gallon (high, will buy a unit off of ebay for about $100 eventually, once I do a bigger tank)

All I got now are inverts blue legs, cernith, nass, burg crabs, blue knuckle $20

So I have right about $250 in that tank so far and no coral or fish yet. By the time it is all said and done I will have about $400-500 dollars into this tank when it is stalked.

Have fun:)

I can speak for the 7-minibow only, but...

to get a tank, lights, heater, hob, powerhead, therm, mago-float, salt, test kits, cpu fan, hydrometer, and a turkey baster (must have, hehe) should cost right around $250 mark.

You should also probably add in LR and LS into that mix since its pretty much a basic starting cost. Assume around $5 a lb is average for LR, and maybe $20 or so for live sand for your tank.

Then the real money comes in.. corals, more corals, hey I need that coral (are you getting the idea?)

Thanks for all the helpful comments. They are very appreciated. I knew it was going to cost a lot to keep a tank. I don't know if I want to spend around 250.00 to 275.00 for a tank which is what a minibow 7 will prolly come out to. I'll just have to keep thinkin about it and reading up and hopefully come to a decision sometime here. Thanks again.

it will cost a good 1000 dollars for the 10 gallon dempending who you know and 500-600 for the mini bow

my dads 125 gallon cost us 15000 CAD to sett up with just show size live rock and sand and a few acropora. and the whole sump and plubming system

matt the fiddler

how much like an elusive villian- you can't pin down the cost.. always new things sneaking in that you want to buy...

you wan tit cheap- but take the joy out of setup- wath your area for peopel who are sick of it selling compete used tanks

Archived