ReefCleaners.org

Anyone got a Midas Blenny?

Drysocket

Well, It's finally time for me to get a fish. :woot:

I'm thinking of getting one. They seem to have a lot of personality and i like the way they look. I'm pretty sure they're nano safe.

I've got a coral-banded shrimp, a porcelain(anemone) crab, xenia, hammer, zoanthids, polyps, blue mushrooms, and an open brain.

I would also like to get a clown, too. I have a feeling that this might not be a good combination, though. I fear that I might have to decide between one or the other.

If anyone's got any info about Midas Blennies that might be helpful, please share.

How big of a tank do you have?

The midas blenny, like most blennies, requires a deceptively large amount of space. They really like to jump all around the tank. If kept with non-aggressive fish, you could probably get away with a 20gal. But if you want to add anything that's aggressive or territorial, like a clown, it should be in nothing smaller than a 30, in my opinion.

Again, like most blennies, the stress and agressiveness go down as tank size increases. So it's possible to cram them into something smaller, but the tank will be extremely active, and the fish's lifespan duely shortened.

Matthew

Hmmmm....I've got a 12g eclipse. I was just reading a little more about them and I'm starting to lean more toward just getting a couple small clowns. I think you're right, Mkramer.

They're so cool, though.... :(

Aside from maybe a lawnmower blenny, I don't think there's any reef inhabitant more amusing than a pair of clowns. I love my ocellaris, they're the funniest thing since Sifl and Olly.

Matthew

I love Mida Blennies but your tank is definitely too small. The one we had in the office grew real fast and was way too big for a nano.

Archived