SaltCritters.com

questions about 12g nano-cube

tah532

i just purchased a complete 12g nano-cube kit from Drs. Foster and Smith website. Any tips, pointers, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also had a question about using store bought distilled water, i have heard that some may contain copper traces in it, has anyone heard about this and if so explain the problems with it. And last but probably just the beginning of many questions in the future, what corals are really good for beginners and can anemones and corals be kept together, and if so which kinda corals and anemones are also good for a 12g nano cube? Thanx

Well I have a 10g. nano (JBJ) I still have the stock pump, I heard others say that they replaced theirs because of the noise..mine is so far so good. But definetly retrofit the lighting espeacially for corals the ballast on mine only lasted a couple of days..basically a piece of crap. you can take out the media in back and make a sump out of it, all I did was take out all the media and the leftmost part put filter media in it and I added a skimmer Red Sea Prizm model fits perfectly.

You dont want to use distilled water it still has impurities in it. RO/DI water is best no plroblems. As far as corals and the like dont get anything too fast growing or would wonder around and sting others. Well good luck, and enjoy your nano !

Blinkgyrl2987

I use distilled water and it works just fine.. But can you buy Ro/di water at the grocery store in gallons? and how much does it cost? I may have to start using that instead. Thanks a lot Megan~

Archived