Coral Vue Hydros

What do i use to glue rocks and frags?

junglejim83

junglejim83

I wanna give some orer to my tanks right now it looks sorta like a mess of rocks.. What can in use to glue or hold rocks together.  Also i have some gsp frags and a few shrooms that i wanna glue what do i use for this.  Is there any regular products that can be used for these purposes, b/c its seems when ever somethinf is made specifically for the hobby the charge you out the a$$.

Guest AbSoluTc

Super glue.  Also, I heard of plumbers putty or something that works to hold the rocks together.. can somone confirm or deny that please.

Kris

There is no ONE suggestion here. First you must understand that what works for the rock may not work for the frag, and certain frags don't do well with certain adhesives. Having said that I would like to jump on the back of epoxy advocates. Marine safe epoxys such as Aquastick are very expensive, very hard to apply, and very weak regarding their bond. Their application should only be limited to affixing a couple of 1-2 pound rocks together. They claim to be useful for corals but this is not the case, unless the coral is already on a small rock and you are adhering the rock. Superglue (in gel form) is useful in some frag applications provided you perform ther procedure OUTSIDE the tank. any superglue gel will do. I suggest above all that you try to exhaust all your alternatives before using an adhesive, because there are often better methods.

gsp frags can be held on by a rubberband. then after about a week or two take it off and vuala it is on there.

Archived