inTank Media Baskets

StarFish Anyone?

quandary_23

peejfish-- we gotta' local area fish store list going ..."Wash DC/VA/MD thread" i like marine scene.:P

sdbeazley-- some have got them as hitchhickers...in fact, in my 20L refugium, there are some some tenticle lookin' thingys, sticking out the holes in the rocks, that could be baby starfish.:

ive seen some starfish w 3 and 4 legs..they may grow back i think

i am wanting to get a serpent myself and im wondering how long he would survive in a bag on the ride home.i go to school in falls church but live in harrisonburg.

I think it will last that long...p/u from Marine Scene and jump on 28 to 66w and kick it!:P Maybe have them add some extra water to the bag and you can pick up one of those Penn Plex D-cell airstones from Petsmart for $11.

Have your tank ready immediately before you get to JMU... B)

Hi again,

I was at the reef tank, your right it isn't all that. ALthough they do beat the marine scene's price for a fire shrimp($48) got mine from the reef tank for $28 should've been $24 according to there website though, oh well still a good deal.

I built a drip acclimator out of a 1 gallon jug and some clear tubing with knotts. Did a 2.5-3hr acclimation on the shrimp and everything seems to be alright so far. He hides alot but comes out to eat brine very eargerly.

I will give props to the reef tank on price for live rock $3.99/lb I paid $6.00 at superpets. Their coral prices area bit high imo, but all look good and they have clams on stock also.

website for them is: www.reefstore.com

Talk later KrackerG

starfish can actually fully recover and grow back from just one leg if in good health... this way they can avoid predators, they lose a leg, but not their lives... octopii can grow back arms too... just a thought...

:)

i was on my way home from school in falls church and decided to

grab a serpent from the reef tank.so i was driving around in fairfax and couldnt find it.its on sandy lewis drive right?

well what is the best way to get there from 66?

Hi,

I've had aa 12G eclipse Nano reef for 1 month and just added a red linkia last week. So far he is doing fine, but this morning he was curled up like a fist and looked dead. I was about to take him out, and suddenly he flattened and started moving again. Is this normal?

Thanks!

I have a brittle star in my 10g nano. He's really neat to watch, and such, but my orange firefish went MIA last week. I think the starfish ate him, as I can't find a corpse anywhere. My only other idea is that he went carpet surfing and became a kitty treat. :(

Just my $.02. Oh, and I'm probabbly gonna put the starfish in a friend's (bigger) reef tank. He should have plenty to eat there...

-q

In one of my older tanks, I had a few of those firefish...in my official noob time. I actually saw both things happen. One firefish leaped through a little hole I had in the otherwise covered tank. The little bastard found the hole after all. The other was almost eaten by my serpent star. One morning, I saw that my banded serpent had one of his arms around the firefish. I read somwhere that if the firefish is in his special hiding space, he wont move, even if he is being eaten. Not sure where I read this, but the fish sure didnt mind the cuddling starfish arm...

Go with a

Sand Sifting Sea Star.

The sand will be incredibly clean and they look really neat too.

Especially when the hover above the sand and live rock.

Archived