Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

3 months old 10 gal nano

hidden impact

hidden impact

Tank Specs:

10 Gallon AGA

Whipser 50W heater (to be replaced by Visitherm 50w soon)

Mini Biowheel HOB (empty, with no wheel)

Rio 90 Power head

Prism Skimmer (with Surface attachment)

CSL 20 40Wx2 moolight Fixture

Float switch Auto top-off DIY System

Tank Inhabitants:

1 MD & 1 LG Turbo Snails

3 Cerith Snails

2 Red Tip Hermits

2 Scarlet Hermits

1 6 Line Wrasse

1 Royal Gramma

1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Coral:

Sinularia

Assorted Zoos (pink, burnt orange, green/sky blue, orange)

GSP

Pom Pom Xenia

White Mushroom with Green "hair"

Brown Hairy mushroom

Yellow Polyps

Blue Sea Fan

donteatthenano

looks great! i'm thinking about a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp to add to my 10g, but still debating. how's the blue sea fan doing? that is awesome? is it a filter feeder?

hidden impact

thanks everyone!

i feed the BSF twice a week with zooplex when the polyps are open. i've heard they are difficult to keep, but couldn't resist getting it. so far, so good though...

Nice looking tank.

I would think that the BSF and not the sinularia would be the trophy piece. That's just me.

Sweet chrome trim on the tank BTW!

how do you like your lighting? i've been looking at the csl 2x40w and they look really nice. Are you happy with it or do you wish you'd gone with something different?

hidden impact

i'm going to wait for the BSF to grow a bit more until i decide on fragging._ check back in a few months.

i've been happy with the CSL 20._ the fan is a bit loud, but you can swap it out._ it has plenty of light for softies and LPS._ if you decide on SPS or clams, i'd do KrackerG's DIY MH._ that is kick a$$._ i'm going to do it when i get the extra money.

-ab

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love your blue sea fan! I just saw some at the LFS. I really want one, but I am afraid that they are hard to take care of. I was reading the other thread that you posted about the BSF and some people said that the BSF doesn't like light.

I have a 10 gallon like yours and it's about 3 months old too. If you could please give me some insight that would be so great! Thanks! :)

hidden impact

i bought the tank with the chrome trim. pretty nifty, and different from the norm.

so far, the BSF is still doing fine, and i'm hardly an expert.

Archived