Innovative Marine Aquariums

sun corals

M.N88

How come i dont see any open sun corals, whenever i go to the lfs? Are they that hard to keep? Ive went to four LFS that sell coral, and all of the suns were closed. What makes them so diffucult?

Thanks.

hahaha. this forum is the only one with such a harsh "search always" culture. In case you wondering, a lot of people don't use search because it can be utterly useless half the time (i.e, you search and find 800 unrelated posts that talk on a similar subject but don't really answer your question) SO... someone can search for 3 hours and not find an answer then post a question and get an answer in no time with less effort OR they can just ask the question and let kind, intelligent reefers help them out and SAVE TONS OF TIME. Time is money, and it is always good to save time. btw, did you save any time searching for the forum that answered the question, cussing at the individual and replying with a link to that previous thread? Wouldn't it have taken the same amount of time to RIGHT THE ANSWER.

so many jackass' with attidude and so few who want to help out

Actually every forum is like that, search is your friend, you just have to know how to use it, you obviously don't know how.

Originally posted by ig88250

hahaha.  this forum is the only one with such a harsh "search always" culture.  In case you wondering, a lot of people don't use search because it can be utterly useless half the time (i.e, you search and find 800 unrelated posts that talk on a similar subject but don't really answer your question)  SO... someone can search for 3 hours and not find an answer then post a question and get an answer in no time with less effort OR they can just ask the question and let kind, intelligent reefers help them out and SAVE TONS OF TIME.  Time is money, and it is always good to save time.  btw, did you save any time searching for the forum that answered the question, cussing at the individual and replying with a link to that previous thread?  Wouldn't it have taken the same amount of time to RIGHT THE ANSWER.

so many jackass' with attidude and so few who want to help out

Actually every forum is like that, search is your friend, you just have to know how to use it, you obviously don't know how.

don't mean to cause an argument but of the 4-5 forums that I frequent other than this one, this is the only one that is like that. Of the MANY more forums that I have frequented, this is the only one that people are jerks about the search.

It isn't about knowing how to use the search either... it is about the fact that when you search for a term, or set of terms, you are going to get 95% of the results that DON'T answer your question. Some will talk of similar issue's, but not answer your question. Additionally of the small 5% that DO answer your question, you have a wide range of opinions and answers (many times contradicting each other) with each specific thread even contradicting others.

Many people ask questions because of those facts. It is purely pshycological. If i want to make sure I do something right, and I search and see 900 different answers that all conflict with each other, but the forum as a general rule has successful fish keepers, I am going to ask a question in order to get reinforcement. It happens all the time, and every single person on this forum who gets ####y about people asking common questions is a hypocrite and an idiot. They ask the stupid common questions when it comes to the things they are insecure or worried about... many times allready knowing the answer. It just so happens that they aren't insecure about nano reef knowledge...

Most of the anger comes from the fact that new people always ask the same questions all the time when there was a post that probably already covered it. I think these forums would be better if there was a separate forum for asking questions and the rest of the forum for sharing info or discussions on hot topics. This would solve many of the same post over and over. Maybe more stuff should be stickied (sp.), such as long discussions about recent topics. Maybe this would never work i dont know.

But i do know that if you search hard enough you can find anything about anything on the internet.

ig88250,

SO you think that all the experts should answer the same question 100's of times? I have found answers to most all of my questions without posting. You may wanna polish your search skills a bit...

first, you should check to make sure you know what you are talking about....

I have asked maybe 1 or 2 questions on this forum.

Secondly, you need to understand that I don't expect the experts to do anything. I just think that it is stupid for someone to read a post, know the answer and instead of sharing the answer make some stupid comment about the search function.

I have also had most of my questions answered without posting a question (but not because of search, simply because I have been reading EVERYTHING).

why not just ignore a frequent question? Why do you have to be an ass about it? If you are going to take the time to be an ass, you might as well answer the damn question.

but then again, a lot of people are just more of an ass than an asset.

The sun corals in LFS are probably not being target fed.

Here is a picture of my sun coral, taken about a month after introduction into my tank. Within 3 days it started comming out in the daytime. Now it's out almost all day.

To feed a sun coral you should do a search on feeding hats, and incorporate them into the feeding retinue.

Alexis

matt the fiddler

"I think these forums would be better if there was a separate forum for asking questions and the rest of the forum for sharing info or discussions on hot topics"

umm the beginner forum.. though beginners here still get railed for asking beginner q's in the beginner forum...

Archived