Innovative Marine Aquariums

Good tankmate for Griessingeri Goby?

igotreefermadness

igotreefermadness

I have a Griessingeri Goby, otherwise known as a flaming prawn goby or spikefin goby. Anyways he tends to be very cryptic. I dont really blame him because hes about the length of a pop tab lol. Anyways I was thinking of getting another fish along with him to enjoy seeing a little more often. Problem is its gotta be pretty small. I dont really like warpaint gobies or green gobies or yellow clown gobies as they are pretty average in the fish trade. Could anybody suggest something else out of the ordinary that would pair up well with my little flamer?

animalmaster6

Any small gobies. Shrimp gobies work well. Trimma and Eviota are awesome genus' for gobies. They stay below 1" and are very interesting!

Firefish are peaceful and interesting. Same with assessors!

igotreefermadness

How about one of these Dartfish Gobies? I cant seem to find much info on them.

I also had my eye on Gumdrop Gobies but they look like they might be a little aggressive?

Tryssogobius-colini.jpg

animalmaster6

Those darts are awesome and peaceful but need to be fed many times during a day. Auto-feeders are very helpful when keeping these fish. Your Flaming Prawn Goby will enjoy an auto feeder as well, it doesn't need one though.

Coral Crocher's, or Gumdrop Gobies (really scorpionfish) are very cool. They also are usually very peaceful.

igotreefermadness

I would probably lean towards the gumdrop then as they seem to be a good looking fish. Any other suggestions are helpful though because I know that the saltwater trade has a lot of awesome small fish to offer.

animalmaster6

Trimma tevegae is amazing as is Bryaninops natans.

Coral Crouchers are awesome though, really interesting fish. They like to perch on your corals.

animalmaster6

I wasn't aware that you kept SPS. They will do that towards SPS.

If you like your SPS then Bryaninops natans is the perfect choice. They have to have SPS.

If you end up being able to find the bryaninops natans will you post where you got them from. Ive been looking for some but have been unable to find them.

• 1 month later...

Archived