SaltCritters.com

colt coral cutting

Trans-am4me

Im not new to this site I just switched internet services. Anyway I was just told by the guy at the lfs that when I cut my colt coral that I should only do one branch per day or else it may die, anybody heard this? I need to do some major trimming this thing is huge. The base is almost at the bottom of the tank and the top is touching the top of the waterX)

i agree with the lfs. :choke!: if you cut the colt too much it'll lose too much of its cavity/body fluids, basically bleeding to death. :o mmm...let's just say i've seen it happen. it was only two cuts! X)

try not to cut too low, i think that was as much of the problem as making two significant cuts. two smaller outer branch cuts shouldn't be a problem on a medium to large specimen.

i would wait until the cut completely heals (i.e. new polyps grow in the wound area) before making another significant pruning. hth

You can use constriction by putting a tiewrap around the branch you would like to frag, just tighten it around the branch until it falls off on its own........ and you can use the tiewrap to glue the new frag in place.

Archived