Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Here is a wierd one.

Whitten

On the phone with a hellolights this morning, and I notoce a omething a little more strange than usual. I tried to get a picture but it was much too small for it to come out clearly. The best way to describe this little guy would be a tiny jelly fish. It is round with a mushroom shape, complete with little stalk. It moved about the water by pulsing its mushroom top in and out much like a jelly contracts and propels its self. really kinda cool looking with slightly brownish markings and little white tips at the end of its canopy. Any ideas?

if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, chances are...it's a duck. ;)

it was probably a hitchhiking jellyfish. a juvenile (polyp) stage of jellyfish can sometimes resemble a hydroid. so you may have thought it was a hydroid or aiptasia before it grew into the medusa stage (jellyfish).

I was thinking about puttin an otter in my tank, ducks keep flying away. And otters are just so cute, laying on there back under the canopy being blinded by the Meteal Halides. Awwww is that otter hair i smell burning?

It might be cheaper to buy a ferret and teach it to swim. I am not sure if otters are reef safe. The one i had never ate any corals but he admitted to having impure thought about my ricordia. He ended up jumping out of the tank and suffocating on the living room floor. ( I knew I shouldn't let him play with plastic bags but he loved them so much) Ferrets are reef safe and I have heard of them hosting in certain anemones.

Archived