Coral Vue Hydros

What is your RSM 130 setup?

FredTalbot

Having returned to the hobby after a 2 year absence, I am running an RSM 130.

I'm trying to find out the best setups out there, so I thought I'd list my setup (which is by no means the best), but thought it would be good to help others know what we're all using.

Lighting

- Stock 2 x 55W

- Aquaray (Marine Blue) - coming soon (just needs fitting)

Filtration

- Tunze 9002

- StevieT / InTank Media rack

- StevieT / InTank square cup for Tunze 9002

Media

- Purigen

- Chemipure

Circulation

- Stock pumps

- choosing between Vortech MP20 and Tunze 9105

Control

- Aquatronica, PH, Redox, Lighting, Temp

Anything else I'm missing? Should I be using the Red Sea Bio media (glass pourous media)??

Would be interested to see others setups in the format above, or any comments on what I may be missing!

Thanks

Looks good

Ditch the bioballs. Also very important to junk the stock heater. Only other thing would be an ATO unless your controller is doing that.

Also filter floss

Thanks for the reply.

What is wring with the stock heater? What should I change it to?

My controller will do ATO.

What else should I run in my Media Basket as well as Purigen & Chemipur (with filter floss). Which should be at the bottom, middle and top?

Thanks

Looks good

Ditch the bioballs. Also very important to junk the stock heater. Only other thing would be an ATO unless your controller is doing that.

Also filter floss

NewZealandReefie

There's a lot of conflicting information about the stock heater, it seems people have all had different experiences. In comparison to other brands it is quite unreliable, as it's such an important piece of equipment that can cause devastation in your tank if it fails it's important to try and get the most reliable heater you can.

That said.. I'm still running the stock heater too! I will upgrade when I have the $$'s available though.

Feel free to check out my tank thread, I'm running everything pretty much the same as you. (Link in my sig).

Media should be Floss on top. Purigen in the middle and Chemipure on the bottom. Make sure you tie the Chemipure bag to the bottom of the rack above so it is suspended between the two. If it's squished in the bottom it'll restrict flow!

It's not worth the risk to use the stock heater. A large percentage will completely fail, the remaining will fluctuate large areas of temperatures. Heaters are cheap, just a wise investment.yet with a controller you are better off than having it control itself.

Media basket - my Kiwi friend nailed it.

Thanks for the replies.

How many 'layers' of floss on the top layer?

Do I need to cover the Purigen & Chemipure with another layer of floss in their compartments also?

Thanks

Archived