ReefCleaners.org

aqua clear 500 for a fuge on a 7 gal minibow?

fish_kisses

I'm in the process of acquiring equipment for my new 7 gallon all glass minibow..and I was wondering with all the aqua clear fuges that i've seen , would a aq500 work on my 7 gallon ....planning on using the surface skimmer attachment also, and i figured that this plus the baffles, and the flow control I would be able to slow down the current...also would the aq 500 even fit on the seven gallon, i'm not sure just how big they are..

Any input would be appreciated....Thanks

I use a 500 on my 7gallon minibow, what I did is not use the filters pump because it will have way to much flow. I bought a 200gph power head and placed it in the bottom of my tank then I piped it into the 500. I then stacked my LR over the powerhead, this gives me just the right amount of flow for my 7gallon tank. This set up also gives you alot of room in the mini bow since the only thing you will see in the tank is a pipe coming out of the LR and into the filter. There should be room in the 500 for heater, carbon,etc. and you won't need any other power heads in the tank.

Good luck

aquaclear impellers will fit into many of their filters. ex you can put a 150's impeller into a 300 motor housing. This will cut down on the flow.

Archived