Top Shelf Aquatics

Owners of 10Gallon tanks and smaller

xxaquanutxx

Hey all....

I am trying to figure out what to do for my next Nano-Project. It has to be 10gallons or less, and I am not looking for anything too complicated. Just something to put on my work desk. So can you all tell me what set-ups you have and any pics... would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

-FishGirl:P

Here is the setup I used for my 10g nano, which was my first marine tank a couple years ago.

10g Aquarium (glass)

1 Maxi Jet 600 Powerhead

2 x 55w Powercompact Fluoro Lights (6400k, Actinic 03)

Ebo Jager Heater

Liverock

Sand

Salt

RO Water

About as simple as it gets.

Here's my set up. It's still pretty new, but seems to be doing fairly well.

3 - 4 gal round pyrex tank

50 watt ebojager heater (a little large for the tank I know)

9 watt pc true actinic 03

32 watt pc quad 6700k

1 powerhead (approx 110 gal/hr)

1 AZOO palm filter 16 gal/hr (to mix surface and provide chemical filtration on occasion)

liverock

ricordia

zoanthids

misc stoney cup corals (came on live rock)

10 - 12 blue leg hermies

5 turbo snails

misc small snails and limpets (hitch hikers on the live rock)

1 blue spotted watchman goby (1 inch long hitch hiker with live rock and I don't wanna tear down the tnak to get him out so he's there to stay or until I luck out and nab him for a different tank hehe)

The only thing that might be an issue is flow, but with a round tank I have to contend with the whirlpool effect if I am not careful about my pump and filter placement. So far the flow seems to be more than addequate. The tank has a diameter of 12 inches and is about 12 - 14 inches high. It sits on a small table betweent he couches in the corner of my living room.

I'll try to post pics one of these days (probably after I complete the fiberglass canopy I'm fabricating).

we have a 10 gal set up with the following, not the best set up, but it works great:

2-penguin powerheads (for up to 20 gal tanks each)

2- dead coral structures

10lbs live sand

1-clown

2-blue-footed hermit crabs

1-anemonie (condy. gig.) good for starters like us, but the clown wont go near it

1-sand sifting star

1-thorny red star

1-turbo snail

set up has beeen going 9 months without a problem, well we did have two different algeal out breaks, both limited to just the sides of the tank, of red and green due to excess trace elements and too long of a photoperiod, so we turned the lights off after 6-8 hours and now have no problems.

Archived