ReefCleaners.org

What skimmer would you choose for the bc29?

ChrisCT

Aquatic Life Internal Mini Skimmer 115 Protein Skimmer or Tunze Nano DOC Protein Skimmer 9002 ?

Ideal setup would be intank media baskets and one of these skimmers in chamber 2.

If anyone is or has done this i would love to hear your reviews on either product.

Thanks!

Aquatic Life Internal Mini Skimmer 115 Protein Skimmer or Tunze Nano DOC Protein Skimmer 9002 ?

Ideal setup would be intank media baskets and one of these skimmers in chamber 2.

If anyone is or has done this i would love to hear your reviews on either product.

Thanks!

yeah tunze is great but expensive.... the AL115 gives you good bang for the buck....

I was also wondering if one was louder than the other as well.

Thanks Russian, i kinda figured that by the price tag lol

eh the noise is minimal get a little bubble noise but when it's adjusted correctly it's not bad, especially with the hood closed. The cool thing about the 115 is it goes in chamber one... then in chamber two you run the media basket from StevieT, check out my link and see the things I have done.. I am not running the 115 yet, but I have already done the research because I am going to be adding one. The setup I have going works really well and my tank stays really stable. You don't have to start dosing anything until down the road, but the more you learn, the more you will know what you want to dose with because I think it's really based on your needs for your tank since we all grow and stock our tank differently.

based on what i have seen on the inTank site, the 9002 fits in chamber 2 leaving chamber 1 open for the heater. tough call, luckily i dont need a skimmer right away, i have some time to think about it as i let my tank stabilize a bit more before i add livestock.

thanks for the input Lawn

based on what i have seen on the inTank site, the 9002 fits in chamber 2 leaving chamber 1 open for the heater. tough call, luckily i dont need a skimmer right away, i have some time to think about it as i let my tank stabilize a bit more before i add livestock.

thanks for the input Lawn

We're on the same boat. I have a solana with almost no live stock and I'm waiting to buy a new skimmer. I ordered a CUC on friday, and I'm expecting to put heavy livestock by the end of the month. I want the tunze 9002 but I've read people have to saw the magnet off. I've noticed a good half of them break it! IMO tunze is the "APPLE" of aquarium products. They're over-priced, do the job, and use cheap materials.

Found the Tunze9002 for $146 and AquaticLife for $60, big price difference for the same function. i guess the real question is ... does the Tunze9002 do a $86 better job at skimming.

Found the Tunze9002 for $146 and AquaticLife for $60, big price difference for the same function. i guess the real question is ... does the Tunze9002 do a $86 better job at skimming.

Just wait a bit. used Tunze's pop up in the classifieds pretty often. You will probably find one for around $100 or so. Sometimes they even come with the Intank collection cup.

The Hydor nano skimmer is supposed to be coming out any day as well. You might want to wait and see how those work before deciding on a skimmer.

Just wait a bit. used Tunze's pop up in the classifieds pretty often. You will probably find one for around $100 or so. Sometimes they even come with the Intank collection cup.

The Hydor nano skimmer is supposed to be coming out any day as well. You might want to wait and see how those work before deciding on a skimmer.

ya .. i'm in no rush to get one just yet. still curious if anyone in here tried a Aquatic Life Internal Mini Skimmer 115 in chamber 1 of a bc29 ...

Archived