Coral Vue Hydros

8 wk nano cube, stock lighting

nanocat

Just a bit over 8 weeks now under stock 24W PC lighting :)

tank020804.JPG

Roughly 23 corals or so, mostly LPS, some shrooms, zoos, polyps, xenia, sinularia and toadstool.

Home to 1 clown goby and 1 ORA a.percula (was 2 but lost one yesterday to intestinal parasites in QT :( ), 4 bumblebee, 10 cerith, 2 turbo, and 1 cleaner shrimp.

Stock lighting, no dosing, Catalina NSW weekly 2.5g. water changes. Removed all bio media and have 3 lbs. LR in rear along with bag of Purigen (at 5 weeks). 22 lbs. LR mixed figi, tonga.

I do have a 32W CSL retrofit that I keep meaning to add in there, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Seaside on Beach sells straight Catalina @ .39/gal.

Strictly Fish in Lakewood sells Catalina with some Kent buffers @ .59/gal.

I usually switch off between them every time I fill my containers. I figure the buffer stuff is good, but I don't need it every time.

Yeah I know Seaside. Haven't been there in awhile though. I buy my water from Black Coral in Santa Ana. How is Strictly Fish in Lakewood? Same as the Garden Grove store? There's been a few new LFS poppin' up in our area. Reef Collection, Ocean Reef, and some new place off Garfield & Brookhurst I have yet to check out.

There isn't a Garden Grove store anymore, they moved to Lakewood.

The new store at Brookhurst is Pacific Reef. They had a lot of corals (no SPS) and are still cycling their tanks for marine fish. Nice place, decent prices.

Have you been to SeaSide lately? They've put in around 30 or more new tanks for marine and corals.

Thanks, I have both tanks set up. Your LR is in a 10g. that I just put MH on, with some new SPS frags and a maxima and a crocea. I'll be needing a refugium and skimmer for that soon. The second nano is holding a dottyback and a cleaner. I haven't really decided what I'll do with it yet. Maybe a hippo tang and a mandarin :D j/k

Archived