Coral Vue Hydros

Setting up my Oceanic 58

txbonds

I hope you plan on spraying the stand if you're painting it. It would be a shame to brush/roll such a nice piece.

I hadn't really thought about that. I don't have anywhere to safely spray though. :(

Got the edge detail done on the drawer front and cabinet doors today as well:

p732840202.jpg

p650045756-4.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I thought about staining, but ultimately decided on a satin black paint for the look I want. I'm wanting a solid look without the wood grain showing through. Given the multiple different types of wood used, the stain would show the grain and would take on different colors and depths of penetrations on each wood type, which was not the look I wanted.

Either way, I think it should look nice when finished. I started patching nail head holes last night. Have more to go and then sand it up. Also need to get my holes drilled, but I'm getting much closer to the finish line. :)

Thanks. It's actually a 58g. Not much difference, but if you google search you'd find info under oceanic 58 I'm sure.

Forgot to update a few things along the way the last few months. I've received and have ready to go the second Aqua Illumination Sol Blue LED module, as well as the second MP10wES pump. I also decided on, ordered and received, a Tunze 1073.040 return pump (around 790gph w/ 11' head max).

Really, the only thing keeping me from getting the new tank setup is the stand, the plumbing and a few little odd's and ends. Once the stand is finished, I should be able to get it going while I work on my matching hood. I'm hoping for sometime in the next month or two but who knows as I'm setting a snails pace. LOL :)

That makes sense. Also since youre doing the hood at a diff time its much easier to match paint than stain. You are right though wither way it is going to be a beautifual stand/tank!

That makes sense. Also since youre doing the hood at a diff time its much easier to match paint than stain. You are right though wither way it is going to be a beautifual stand/tank!

Thanks. Sorry this is taking me so long. I know we talked about one of my pieces of equipment once I made the upgrade. I haven't forgotten, but it is just taking me forever to get time to work on the stand between other duties. :)

Archived