Cultivated Reef

fragging xenia off a wall

cameron1

i have a xenia growing on a wall and was wanting to frag it.

do you think i could just use a razor to scrape them off and and then sew them onto a frag plug or rock?

and then as far as fraggin acro's goes how do i go about that?

You should be able to remove them with a razor. If you have any flat bottom frag plugs, you can then put them within a heated bucket with tank water or a container within the tank and allow them to naturally attach themselves to the frag plugs which may take a day or two.

Now in terms of acros, you just cut the part off that you want to frag. You can use small garden sheers or if you are able to remove your colonies from the tank you can use a dremel tool.

Then once the frag pieces are cut you use a good glue or two part epoxy and attach them to the frag plug then place the back in the tank on a frag rack or somewhere so they can heal up before you sell them to others.

The best way i have found to attach xenia is to scrape them off the wall then get a toothpick, break it in half and poke the blunt end into a hole in a piece of live rock, spear the xenia through the middle and push it to the base. Let it sit in low flow for about a week and it'll attach perfectly.

Archived