Innovative Marine Aquariums

Retro fit?

Dude123

I did some research about nanos a while ago and have been thinking about them recently. I know this sounds stupid but how does a retrofit kit work? Also, does anyone know a place that ships lighting to canada? Want to start a 5 gal nano reef but cant find much options for lighing in my area.

Thanks

that is a stupid question (joking). a retro fit is a lighting system that you can fit in to a custom hood and or light strip a little DIY is involved you you want to do sumthing like this.

try mops.ca, or look for places that have other things by the same company that makes the kit you want and see if they'll order it. (i got mine from j&l (burnaby, bc), they sell customsealife products so they were willing to order the kit in for me even though they don't normally sell them) if you get a local store to order it for you you save a lot of the shipping costs, but it may take a little longer to ship since they most only place an order once a month or so.

that unit is the same one i got, you may want to look at american sites i found one that shipped it to canada for cheaper (incl shipping) than mops sells it for... but i have no clue if you'll be charged duties, and then it's not worth it.

it would be fine in a diy hood.

if you look around this site lots of people have that same unit in a 7 gallon minibow, growing all sorts of things, so you should have lots of choices with that on a 5.

Archived