Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lime Green Sponge?

Maverick986

I was cleaning my tank yesterday when I noticed some sort of greenish-yellow thing in my coral. When I was taking pictures this morning I also noticed a redish tube looking thing, and purple thing with what looked like little nubs on it as well. I have never seen these things before, as it is just a few days ago in the tube in the picture there was a feather duster, but I didn't see the feathers from it last night or this morning.

Green-Yellow thing:

th_100_1312.jpg

Yellow-Green thing and some purplely looking tube things:

th_100_1307.jpg

Redish thing:

th_100_1309.jpg

Purple nubby thing:

th_100_1311.jpg

All three:

th_100_1308.jpg

Anyone have any idea what these are? I tried looking them up, but haven't been able to find anything! Also, this is on my Candy Cane coral.

Awesome, thanks. My main worry was if it was something i need to remove, or if its fine w/ my coral being attached to the same thing.

pineapple sponge. i ended up removing mine as sponges can be finicky and chemically nuke your tank if unhappy

I always thought that pinapple sponges are little clear looking things? not neon green-yellow?

Backwerds Man

Yeah, that's definitely not a pineapple sponge. I have pineapple sponges here and there as well as that same neon green sponge growing under a rock in my tank.

I dont know what the name of it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived