Pod Your Reef

Awesome elastics for fragging...

jgoldsney

Just wanted to pass allong a discovery I made while trying to attach some zoa frags to some rubble....

My wife buys packages of 100+ super small elastics for doing pony tails in my 3 year olds hair....well low and behold they work great for ataching frags to rubble...that and they are cheap as can be....(I think she gets them from the dollar store)

they are nice and small....about 1/2 inch in diameter and they can stretch out quite a bit. they actualy seem to be similar to the elastics I had on my braces when I was a youngun but just a bit bigger. What I like is that even on a small peice of rubble one loop will put enough pressure to hold things in place.

They vary in color, hey even purple coraline algae colored frag attaching rubber bands ....:D

Good for mushrooms if they do not have too much pressure buy why not just use super glue gel for those zoas?

well the super glue works as well but I do hate getting it on my fingers.... :P

the elastics were just handy and I was surprised how well they worked....they work well for mushrooms but I do find that 2 elastics criscrossed works better (the mushroom seemed to slide out other wise)

Archived