Coral Vue Hydros

Bird's nest requirements?

Chyendra

I'm hopeing to get a little 5 gallon set up, and i just pondering coral possibilities.

the plan is 3X19W curly lights (6500K) and 2X13W actinic PCs (i may not beable to fit 3 19Watters, but i can fit 2 for sure)

Would something like a bird's nest coral keep it's color under this type of lighting?

I currently have purple birdsnets under 32 watt smarlight. It looks pretty good but not quite as good as when it was under MH it is doing very good tho. BTW i have a 7 gal.

Bornemans book says that most pocillipora's will do well in most systems with "good" lighting, except the hot pink varieties. I put a hot pink birdsnest in my 5.5 when it was still all PC, and even being right up under the PC's it was pink, but it didn't have good polyp extension and not hot pink! One month at the bottom of my tank under a 70 MH and it's blazing pink! Also, I noticed it likes a higher flow rate.

• 2 weeks later...
tripple6terror

i thought forums were to ask questions ....theres lots of places to search....not so many to get frist hand info from the posting of a question.....takes just as much time to tell someone to search as it dose to answer a question...asumeing you know the info to give ...or some could spend less time and just not post anything..you know the old saying ....silence is golden

thanks t

The last post was hardly relevent to this thread....

but for everybody else, thank you, you're information was very helpful. At first was just going to do PC's but, now i'm getting a 70w MH so when my tank is ready, hopefully a birdsnest will do well in it! (as well as a couple of acroporas :) )

Archived