Top Shelf Aquatics

is it possible?

seaker

Is it possible to keep a blue carpet anemone in my 12 gal jbj nano cube with the stock lighting? the guy at the lfs said it would be alright and ever since i've seen it i just have to have it. btw, still cycling.

Whoa - back it up a bit seaker.

Still cycling and already asking about anemones? Maybe you should start asking in a year or so when your nano is well established and the anemone has a chance at living for more than a month.

The best thing you can do for your nano is take it s-l-o-w.

BTW, this is your first salt setup right?

Just my two cents worth.

Cheers

Slow down buddy....still cycling and you want to drop an anemone in there!?!?! The guy at your LFS apparently has very little knowledge about carpet and cycling. You CANNOT keep a carpet with that lighting or your with your current water status. You also never mentioned how large this carpet was (even though I'd say no anyhow....lol)

Take it slow......

Cameron

I don't think carpets are begginer animals. MAYBE a bubble-tipped anemone when the tank is at least a year old, assuming you would be doing more research during that time. Also remember that they move where they want and may sting corals if your planning on any.

I know I can't just throw it in right now. I was just wondering if the light was going to be enough in the future. I am taking it slow. I have been reading about reef tanks and what I have to do for a little over a year now and just now barely got a nano cube. Most people also say you shouldn't start out with a tank smaller than a fifty gal but I've read people here are doing it. I think its kinda funny that you all think I was just gonna throw it in while its still cycling. lfs guy was telling me I could put hermit crabs in right now, but its only the 7 day and there isn't algea growing. so I'm waiting. thanks for answering my 1 question PHysh1.

If you were really set on a carpet, then that would be the only thing I put in there. I am sure you have seen how big those things can get. Good luck with your tank.

"Still cycling and already asking about anemones? Maybe you should start asking in a year or so when your nano is well established and the anemone has a chance at living for more than a month."

you telling me I shouldn't ask now. what does it hurt. Now I know I need better lighting and that If I did want one it would be the only thing I should put in there. My question didn't hurt. I saw a clown fish with that anemone and thought it would be great to have that combo. I'll just wait till I get a bigger tank. I'm sorry if I sound like an a$$ but I saw something I liked it so I'm asking. Are ya saying if I go into a lfs and see an amazing reef, I shouldn't ask if, someday, I could get something that was in the tank. Or ask what the different things are and what they need to survive. Ha ha I am an a$$. A smart a$$. please forgive me for I know not what I do

Archived