Coral Vue Hydros

hector's goby care

MidiMouse

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Hector's gobies and how hard they are to care for...I got a 5.5 and am looking for a cool fish to get. I heard that they are easier to keep than their rainfordi cousins. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lam

Pinrod Urkish

Just got a rainford's goby, like two days ago.

I was a bit worried when I heard that they are hard to care for after I got it. I guess if a fish gets hungry enough he'll eat, so thats what mine has done.

Three times a day I feed mysis or marine cuisineand my goby's been loving it. But in a 5.5 I think it would be quite difficult. Even though i've been feeding mine it still sifts through the sand. You quite a bit of need opend sand for the goby to sift which i don't think you have in a 5.5

Besides it took me a year to find the rainford's, so how (and where) are you going to find a hector's goby? they're not that common.

Yeah I kind of figured that it could be small...rainford's are somewhat common where I live and hector's show up often enough where it wouldn't be too difficult to get one. Initially I wanted a rainfordi, but leaned towards the hector's b/c I heard they are easier to care for. Still not sure though on the goby then...

thanks for your help,

Lam

Archived