SaltCritters.com

Could this be a scallop??

JohnnyMTB

Found this strange creature in the rockwork in the very back of the tank. Unfortunately, can't get the camera any closer or a better angle because the tank is against a wall. It has an opposing shell, so I know it's a bivalve of some sort. Has to be a hitchhiker, haven't purchased anything like that. Any ideas from what little is visible? He's obviously been in the tank since the liverock (Florida Keys) so he's survived 8 months with no special attention.

holy ###### that's cool! it does look like tentacles and the filtering (i think they're lungs) part of a scallop... i've had two before. that looks exactly like one but i've never seen one with striped tentacles. do all you can to get a better shot. rotate the daymn rock! =D make sure to feed phyto especially at night to keep it alive.

Unfortunately he's behind one of the base rocks, so unless he decides to move that's the most I'll see of him. I feed the tank every other day with Marine Snow but I've been thinking about switching to DT's. As far as the stripes, they are pretty wild, I've seen flames with either red or white tentacles, but never a scallop with stripes.

Archived