Top Shelf Aquatics

25g Rimless Cube

HiImSean

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got some goodies today :D everything for $150, the BM is brand new too tehehe

i may have to up my sump to a 20H, this takes up half of the 15g tall since i have to put it in long ways

P1110854.jpg

P1110856.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

im ordering my light today :D im heading out of town tomorrow and wont be back till the new year so pics of the light will come when i get back.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, that's a beast skimmer.

I just ordered the 3.5 cone and though that would be overkill haha.

Man I wish I could have found a 15 tall for my sump, but I just couldn't justify spending $60+ for a couple more inches of volume.

im thinking i might try and go for a 20g high instead. i have to turn the skimmer long ways in the 15g so it takes up most of it with just enough room for the return pump and i was hoping to get a small fuge in there. i was lucky enough to find the 15g for $10 locally used. i thought the skimmer would be a bit of over kill :D but i got a great deal on it and i say pismo_reefer's thread with a NAC6 in a 19g and skimming like crazy. he told me that it takes a bit of dialing in to get it to skim properly.

you asked me about my stand in your thread, im thinking about making a 26x26x40 stand. it would have a bit of a ledge all the way around which would look ok IMO and accommodate a 20g high.

I agree, it will look great.

Mine is going to have a 2" ledge on each side anyway.

If you feel like shipping that 15g, let me know. :D

edit: Which light did you end up ordering?

• 3 weeks later...

my stand frame is about half way complete, i prolly wont have time for a week or two to work on it. i have a few goodies on the way. AI lights should be here today or tomorrow. MP10ES should be here next week.

this junk is BRIGHT!! my fortune comes from a locals misfortune, a local was setting up a larger tank and just purchased this fixture but is unexpectedly moving across the country so i got this for a great price. he has a set of 70degree lens' that are MIA but i will get those as soon as he finds them

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

So sick.

I've decided that my fishneedit MH is my temporary light, and the AI Led is the permanent one hopefully sometime in the next year if I can find a deal.

Have you drilled your tank yet? I got the drain hole drilled, but am going to do the return tonite. I took my sweet time. Seriously. It took me roughly an hour just to drill the one hole, and I was ####ting razor blades at first.

It normally takes like 5 minutes, so It's safe to say I REALLY took my time to make sure the tank came out fine. Now that I have one under my belt, I'm going to try to knock out the return hole in ~20 minutes...

i've heard that the AI nano should cover a 18x18 area so i may end up changing to free up some $$

i havent drilled my tank yet. im talked to a LFS who can drill it for me and build an overflow so im going to have them drill the bottom. i really dont feel comfortable doing it

• 3 weeks later...

not much going on. the frame is complete but i need to paint it then skin it. just got another toy in the mail today. i think i've got all the equipment that i need

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

You're going to love the vortech.

I'm really happy with my tank, and hope you are too. My bubble magus is pulling out some stuff, but only light tea color crap. I have to adjust it about 5 times a day as well, but that may be due to not having an ATO, and water level changing in the sump (even though it's baffled off).

Hopefully this breaks in further and makes a nice thick nog like my old crappy coralife skimmer did. If not i'll be selling it off to go with the reef octopus. :(

im starting to worry about my NAC6 being way too much. im not gonna turn it on until the cycle is over. i plan on getting an ATO to keep things easier with it. im pretty sure im going to add a 10g as a fuge and keep my 15g as my sump, should have about 40g total so it may pull some good stuff if i load up my system

• 1 month later...

not much new with the tank or lack of it. i picked up a 20g that will be my fuge, it will be drilled to flow into my sump. my 15g will hold the skimmer and return pump. im starting to get plumbing parts, hopefully i'll have it drilled soon

Who needs TV?

+1, I shut my tv off to get the full on sensory awesomeness that a phenomenal tank brings to the table!

All of your tanks look sweet! Nice planted tanks too, good luck!

• 1 month later...

unfortunately nothing new. i've been incredibly busy and haven't finished the stand. i was going to take it to get drilled and overflow built but they guy doing it was out of town the last free weekend i had.

Archived