ReefCleaners.org

confused about qt tank

reefsrule

I searched about quaratine tanks but everything seems to be about fish. I want to put my bubble coral in a hospital tank because it does not seem to be doing well. I'm not exactly sure about the set up. I have a small heater and the azoo palm filter: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...44&N=2004+22768

for a 2 gallon tank. I'm also going to get a powerhead. can I use this filtration? Does it need to be running on the main tank? I'm confused because of the tank that macahnical filtration causes nitrates but I wont have live rock in it.

What's wrong with the coral? Usally people put creatures in hosptial tanks (HT) to treat a specific malady or to allow something hassle-free recuperation time.

The reason for not having live rock in a HT is because if you use medications it will be absorbed by the rock and can cause problems if you use the tank again. Ex: if you use a copper treatment then the copper will be in the rock. If you put something else in the HT that can't tolerate copper (inverts, corals) then the something will probably die.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it thats why I want to quarantine it. It may be a parasite and it would be easier to moniter the coral with no sand and rocks.

Archived