Cultivated Reef

Day 1: JBJ Nano Cube

airangel

After seeing how great everyone's Nano is, I feel inadequate posting mine here ....:x

but here's a link to my webshots page and a few pics of Nano Cube Day 1.

My Nano

Tried to make my rockwork non clumpy and swim thru-able but was not really successful from the look of it. :::sigh::::

So far there's about 10 lb of Arag Alive (prob dead as past its expiration date) live sand and 12 pieces totalling 14 lbs of Fiji live rock still curing.

Stock stuff in the back, minus the rings and carbon as I spaced adding them during set up. Will most likely toss them in and see how things fly.

Future plans: a few diff types of snails, blue legged hermits, not sure on the fish but one or two if it will fly (clownfish is first choice) and hope to purchase mushrooms , tube worms/dusters down the road.

I am keeping the sticker...I like it :blush:

Looks good. However I think it has a bit too much rock. I would remove some rock in the front. That will leave some space so you can put some stuff on the sand (lobo, brain) later on. Try to make some caves. Make sure the scale of the caves make sense with the stuff you are going to keep in there (dont make them too big or too small). Caves are good for fish or invert to hide. Mushrooms can be put around the cave entrance and make it half covered. Your fish or shrimp will love it. Just some ideas =))

Cyber

Hi Cyber..

Thanks for the comments. I did try to make caves (failed)...not a lot of work space in the cube. I do think the photos dont really reflect the space in the front...will try to resnap one after I get it filled up. It will be sitting with only rocks for quite a while (budget) so I may attempt to move some a bit. If I go with small fish (yellowtail damsels) they will fit fine thru the spots between the rocks, or some other narrow fish.

But yes, I do want goodies on the sand bed up front!

I have the same identical tank but smaller (7Gal). Gobies, Blennies, Pseudochromis are good choices. They are thin and long.

Check here to have an idea about what kind of fish you like

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/categ.c...ef=G3&subref=AM

Picture of my old 7gal tank that similar to yours. Just to give you an idea. It's only 70% size of your tank.

http://www.haivphan.com/models/reef/7gal/reef_7.htm

Cyber

Archived