Cultivated Reef

Real Cheap moonlights

jdubbs17

I found a way to get some cheap moonlights. Go to comp usa and look at the computer case fans. they have some that have 4 leds on each fan and the fans sell for $10 a piece. they're made by antec and a few different colors are offered, including blue. You could retro this into your tank and get a fan and moon light in one. all you need is a 12v power source for the fan/lights. If anyone wants any pics of the package or some more info let me know. I havent installed one in my tank but bought one for my computer with the blue lights.

Jeremy

go her and look for the reply from 110reefman thats me look at the middle of the reply about the led moon lights

http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?t=551

look in the auto sections of some discount stores and look for the led washer nozzels some time they will go for real cheap ---- ive seen them at some places for 3.00 for a pair you will have to take apart the housing but it has a resistor already on it and its set up for 12v also look for cig lighter things that plug into them that light up i say a black widow light up knob that lit up --- just pop it apart and there you go it was a bigger led and had a resistor too i think i say it for .99 the past few days

these places are like freds and big lots and even k-mart

hth

chad

Archived